There are currently a number of funded Doctoral studentship opportunities at the University of Exeter’s Graduate School of Education, incl. in the field of language education. The following opportunities are now being advertised on the University website:
1) ESRC South-West Doctoral Training Partnership +3 and 1+3 Studentships. Please see: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/studying/funding/award/?id=2481. Deadline for application: 2nd February 2017.
2) University of Exeter Diamond Jubilee Scholarship. Please see: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/studying/funding/award/?id=2460. Deadline for application: 15th January 2017.
3) University of Exeter International Excellence Scholarship for Postgraduate Research. Please see: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/studying/funding/award/?id=2461. Deadline for application: 15th January 2017.
Full details of SSIS College PGR funding opportunities can be found here:
http://socialsciences.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/research/funding/. This page includes links to the various schemes and contains details about entry requirements and applications.
The Graduate School of Education has particular language-related strengths in:
· Educational corpus linguistics
· English for Academic Purposes
· Language teacher cognition
· Technology-enhanced learning
· Bilingual and multilingual approaches to education
· Language education and social cohesion
See here for a list of faculty working in these areas. We would strongly encourage potential applicants to contact a faculty member who might act as their supervisor and who could support them in the application process.
All the best,
(Senior Lecturer in Language Education)