There are currently a number of funded Doctoral studentship opportunities at the University of Exeter’s Graduate School of Education, incl. in the field of language education. The following opportunities are now being advertised on the University website:
1) ESRC South-West Doctoral Training Partnership +3 and 1+3 Studentships. Please see: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/studying/funding/award/?id=2481. Deadline for application: 2nd February 2017.
2) University of Exeter Diamond Jubilee Scholarship. Please see: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/studying/funding/award/?id=2460. Deadline for application: 15th January 2017.
3) University of Exeter International Excellence Scholarship for Postgraduate Research. Please see: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/studying/funding/award/?id=2461. Deadline for application: 15th January 2017.
Full details of SSIS College PGR funding opportunities can be found here:
http://socialsciences.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/research/funding/. This page includes links to the various schemes and contains details about entry requirements and applications.
The Graduate School of Education has particular language-related strengths in:
· Educational corpus linguistics
· English for Academic Purposes
· Language teacher cognition
· Technology-enhanced learning
· Bilingual and multilingual approaches to education
· Language education and social cohesion
See here for a list of faculty working in these areas. We would strongly encourage potential applicants to contact a faculty member who might act as their supervisor and who could support them in the application process.
All the best,
(Senior Lecturer in Language Education)
Dear Langscape members,
I´d like to forward information on an interesting opportunity for support of postdoctoral researchers and projects to you:
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin currently offers support and funding of Post-Doc Fellowships for outstanding (young) researchers from Germany (outside HU) and abroad. In general, projects from all disciplines are welcome and are merely asked to be compatible with the HU research portfolio. The funding scheme allows for various networking opportunities.
We´d like to direct this offer especially at researchers whose research and projects are closely connected to the Langscape network.
If you can think of possible candidates you would like to propose, please contact Stephan Breidbach or Lutz Küster as Langscape Co-ordinators accordingly.
You find more detailed information on the funding profile as well as requirements and deadlines for application etc. here:
The ECML has opened a call for applicants for 3-month fellowship from 1 October – 23 December 2013.
Application deadline is August 15, 2013.
The following description is quoted from an e-mail sent by the ECML requesting the circulation of the call in relevant networks:
The aim of the fellowship is to showcase specific areas of expertise of
the ECML in the form of structured online thematic collections of
materials on:Evaluation and assessment, Plurilingual education, Content and Language
Integrated Learning, ICT in language education, Early language learning,
Migrant language education, Employment and languages, Mobility and
intercultural learning, Signed languages